NovoSeven® RT (Coagulation Factor VIIa [Recombinant]) is used for:
- Treatment of bleeding and prevention of bleeding for surgeries and procedures in adults and children with hemophilia A or B with inhibitors, congenital Factor VII (FVII) deficiency, and people with Glanzmann's thrombasthenia who have a decreased or absent response to platelet transfusions
- Treatment of bleeding and prevention of bleeding for surgeries and procedures in adults with acquired hemophilia
Warnings and Precautions
- NovoSeven® RT should be used with caution if you have an increased risk for blood clots, such as with disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC), clogged arteries, crush injury, septicemia (an infection in the blood), uncontrolled bleeding after giving birth, history of heart disease, liver disease, limited movement following surgery, in elderly people, in newborns, or if you are taking aPCCs/PCCs (activated or nonactivated prothrombin complex concentrates) with NovoSeven® RT.
- Allergic reactions, including serious whole body allergic reactions, have been reported with NovoSeven® RT. Tell your healthcare provider if you are allergic to NovoSeven® RT, any of its ingredients, or mice, hamsters, or cows. If you think you are having an allergic reaction, call your healthcare provider right away. Some signs of allergic reaction may include shortness of breath, rash, itching, redness of the skin, and fainting/dizziness.
- People with Factor VII deficiency should be monitored by their healthcare provider for antibodies, which can cause NovoSeven® RT to stop working properly.
- The most common and serious side effects are blood clots.
- Tell your healthcare provider about any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
Use with Other Drugs
- Blood clots may occur if NovoSeven® RT is given with Coagulation Factor XIII (13).
Please click here for Prescribing Information and Instructions for Use.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
NovoSeven® RT is a prescription medication. Novo Nordisk provides patient assistance for those who qualify. Please call 1-877-NOVO-777 (1-877-668-6777) to learn more about Novo Nordisk assistance programs.