SevenASSISTSM can help make NovoSeven® RT affordable and
Get all the information and tools you need to help you manage the costs of living
with an inhibitor.
Order a complimentary NovoSeven® RT with MixPro® Starter Kit.
News About Adapters
If you use a needleless adapter with your CVAD, port, or IV line, read this important update about using MixPro®.
Selected Important Safety Information
WARNING: BLOOD CLOTS
- Serious blood clots that form in veins and arteries with the use of NovoSeven® RT have been reported.
- Your healthcare provider should discuss the risks and explain the signs and symptoms of blood clots to you. Some signs of a blood clot may include pain, swelling, warmth, redness, or a lump in your legs or arms, chest pain, shortness of breath, or sudden severe headache and/or loss of consciousness or function.
- Your healthcare provider should monitor you for blood clots during treatment with NovoSeven® RT.
Indications and Usage
NovoSeven® RT (Coagulation Factor VIIa [Recombinant]) is used for:
- Treatment of bleeding and prevention of bleeding for surgeries and procedures in adults and children with hemophilia A or B with inhibitors, congenital Factor VII (FVII) deficiency, and people with Glanzmann’s thrombasthenia who have a decreased or absent response to platelet transfusions
- Treatment of bleeding and prevention of bleeding for surgeries and procedures in adults with acquired hemophilia
Important Safety Information
Warnings and Precautions
- NovoSeven® RT should be used with caution if you have an increased risk for blood clots, such as with disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC), clogged arteries, crush injury, septicemia (an infection in the blood), uncontrolled bleeding after giving birth, history of heart disease, liver disease, limited movement following surgery, in elderly people, in newborns, or if you are taking aPCCs/PCCs (activated or nonactivated prothrombin complex concentrates) with NovoSeven® RT.
- Allergic reactions, including serious whole body allergic reactions, have been reported with NovoSeven® RT. Tell your healthcare provider if you are allergic to NovoSeven® RT, any of its ingredients, or mice, hamsters, or cows. If you think you are having an allergic reaction, call your healthcare provider right away. Some signs of allergic reaction may include shortness of breath, rash, itching, redness of the skin, and fainting/dizziness.
- People with Factor VII deficiency should be monitored by their healthcare provider for antibodies, which can cause NovoSeven® RT to stop working properly.
- The most common and serious side effects are blood clots.
- Tell your healthcare provider about any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
Use with Other Drugs
- Blood clots may occur if NovoSeven® RT is given with Coagulation Factor XIII (13).
Please click here for
NovoSeven® RT Prescribing Information and Instructions for Use.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the
FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch,
or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
NovoSeven® RT is a prescription medicine. Novo Nordisk provides
patient assistance for those who qualify. Please call 1-877-NOVO-777 (1-877-668-6777) to learn more
about Novo Nordisk assistance programs.